CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The total Package!



In January, foster mom Lisa took the boys on a fun outing:
A few days ago I took Thelmalou, Buckwheat, Bronson, Bogie and Tinky-Pie for a romp in the woods. Our hike was about 4 miles long and consisted of open prairie, deep cover and woods. This type of training is incredibly advanced and as I started with 5 dogs I was happy to finish with 5 dogs. Tink is able to track me- as I see her put her nose to the ground when she can’t find me. Bronson’s recall is amazing and Bogie is quite reliable but he is the most independent of the pack.

I attribute their good training to Thelmalou and Buckwheat as they are solid in the woods and anywhere we go off leash. They teach the dogs to check in and as Thelmalou can get rangy once in a while- she always comes back in consistently. It is such a pleasure to train these dogs and because they are so good- I just can’t let them go to any old hunter or family. They are skilled hunters and trackers now and only the best adopter will be approved.

At the end of our hike, Thelmalou found a deceased Mallard which she was happy to carry around for a bit. I took it as an opportunity to see who else would retrieve. Bronson is the complete package; he hunts, points, retrieves, plays fetch, and most importantly is a COUCH potato and is so easy in the house.

0 comments: